Hey there! I’m Della!! Welcome to my perfectly imperfect life in the middle!
According to the world at large, I have entered middle age…..whether I am ready or not.
I am also finding myself as the middle generation sandwiched between my kids still at home and my aging parents. My responsibilities are changing too quickly for me to stop and ponder what my new roles are. I find myself ‘friending’ my kids and parenting my parents.
I need to breathe.
I began this blog in 2009 before the military moved us to Europe. While there, I fell in love with photography and the German countryside….and blogging. As the mom of four kiddos, writing and designing a blog during those busy years was one of the few things in my life that stayed done, unlike laundry or dishes.
I discovered I loved sharing my stories in the hopes that someone might say..”Me too!!”
Today, the ‘militarily’ retired hubby is plugged into the civilian workforce, and two of my four are married or working on their own careers. Suddenly the idea of pursuing this passion presents itself again. And it is glorious!
I believe that…
• sharing our souls and insights, miracles and mistakes, helps heal us from the inside out.
• the only true Mexican food can be found in Texas and there is no substitute. Period.
• simple vulnerability is sorely missing in society today. It gifts us with a gentle strength that is passed along to the next broken soul.
• coffee is perhaps one of God’s greatest gifts. My last thought as I fall asleep is that when I wake up I get coffee!!
• the home is both the anchor of our busy lives and the life vest keeping us afloat. Time spent making a home lovely, comfortable and welcoming is never wasted. Interestingly, hospitality is not my gifting. I must work to instill a spirit of ‘welcome’ into my home, which, I’ve discovered, begins with my heart.
• no other entertainer will ever compare to Frank Sinatra.
• Jesus came to save us from ourselves and change us from the inside out. He uses our vulnerabilities to show His perfect love and infinite power.
• I would love to hear from YOU! I am honored you would spend the time to read my words. Contact me here.
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive news of fresh posts, seasonal ideas and perhaps a recipe or two.